Cellphone Protection Benefit.
Your cellphone can be covered with the REI Co-op Mastercard® no-cost cellphone protection benefit.
As an REI Co-op Mastercard cardmember, you can be reimbursed for damage or theft of an eligible cellphone when you make your monthly payment with your card.
Who is eligible:
All REI-Co-op Mastercard cardmembers are eligible to receive this benefit.
Damage or theft of your eligible cellphone, up to $800 per claim, 2 claims per year, with a $50 deductible, up to $1,000 per 12-month period, is included with this no-cost benefit.
Pay your cellphone bill every month with your REI Co-op Mastercard. Coverage begins the first day of the calendar month after you make a payment.
Set up recurring bill pay. You can avoid missing a payment, helping to keep your cellphone protection benefit in place. It’s easy to get started, just visit the Recurring Bill Pay page here.
Learn more about this benefit
Here are some examples of what is not covered:
- Cellphone accessories other than the standard battery and/or standard antenna provided by the manufacturer.
- Cellphones purchased for resale or for professional or commercial use.
- Eligible cellphones that are lost or "Mysteriously Disappear".
- Cellphones under the care and control of a common carrier, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Postal Service, airplanes or delivery service.
- Cellphones stolen from baggage unless hand-carried and under the Eligible Person's supervision or under the supervision of the Eligible Person's traveling companion who is previously known to the Eligible Person.
- Cellphones stolen from a construction site.
- Cellphones that are not received as a part of a recurring monthly plan from a cellular provider.
- Cosmetic damage to the Eligible Cellphone or damage that does not impact the Eligible Cellphone's ability to make or receive phone calls.
- Damage or theft resulting from abuse, intentional acts, fraud, hostilities of any kind (including, but not limited to, war, invasion, rebellion or insurrection), confiscation by the authorities, risks of contraband, illegal activities, normal wear and tear, flood, earthquake, radioactive contamination, or damage from inherent product defects or vermin.
- Damage or theft resulting from mis-delivery or voluntary parting from the Eligible Cellphone.
- Replacement Cellphone(s) purchased from other than a cellular service provider's retail or internet store; or Taxes, delivery or transportation charges or any fees associated with the service provided.
For a full list of limitations and other exclusions please review the Mastercard Guide to Benefits.
Filing a claim
You must report the claim within ninety (90) days of the loss or the claim may not be honored. If the claim is due to theft, a copy of the police report filed within forty-eight (48) hours of the theft must be provided. Use the following steps to file your claim:
- Visit mycardbenefits.com or call 1-800-Mastercard to request a claim form.
- Submit the following documentation within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date you report the claim or the claims may not be honored:
- Completed and signed claim form
- Eligible Person's card statement reflecting the monthly Eligible Cellphone payments for the month preceding the date the Eligible Cellphone was Stolen or suffered damage
- A copy of the Eligible Person's current wireless service provider's billing statement
- A copy of the original Eligible Cellphone purchase receipt or other sufficient proof of the Eligible Cellphone model currently linked to the Eligible Person's Eligible Cellphone account
- A copy of the insurance claim to the Eligible Person's cellphone insurance, or in the event that the claim amount is less than the Eligible Person's deductible, a copy of the policy's declarations page.
- If a claim is due to damage, a copy of the repair estimate and photos of the damage
- If the claim is due to theft, a copy of the police report filed within forty-eight (48) hours of the theft must be provided.